The Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair is a major fundraising activity of the organisation.
It began as a central meeting point for small and medium enterprises to trade side by side with the larger corporate vendors. The Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair has since grown in popularity to the extent that it attracts local and international vendors as well as over 80 000 visitors over its 9 day span.
Customers and shoppers are able to shop at global markets without leaving town. The Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair showcases approximately 300 exhibitors from both local and international vendors and range from:
- International Cuisine
- Household items
- Miscellaneous items
The Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair strives to provide different forms of entertainment as well as shopping varieties every year. Some of the highlights include the following:
- Local and International artists
- Food/Cooking Demonstrations
- Comedy festivals
- Daily prize giveaways
- Fun fair rides for kids
- Entertainment lounges
The Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair is hosted at the Durban Exhibition Centre, situated at 11 Walnut Road, Durban, directly opposite the Durban ICC.
- The Durban Exhibition Centre is an ideal venue for exhibitions of such a large magnitude such as the Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair. The Centre’s two large halls offer a combined area of 9,270m² of flexible event space or large enough to accommodate a plenary audience of over 8,000 patrons
- Safe and secure parking adjacent to the Durban Exhibition Centre
- The premises are fully air-conditioned
- Fully carpeted prayer facilities accommodate for both males and females
- Clean bathrooms and toilets for patrons
- Halaal Food courts
- Large passageways within the exhibition that meet safety regulations
The show which aims to provide an alternative entertainment option for the community at large, is by far the largest of its kind in South Africa. It is also a centre for shopaholics who will be spoilt for choice with merchandise and goods from local and international exhibitors. With some 300 exhibitors, the Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair is a rich cultural experience and an event not to be missed in Durban. With its 119 year tenure, the Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair promises to be yet another spectacular event. Spectacular live performers, competitions and a wide variety of items on sale are just some of the reasons to attend the Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair. Profit generated from the Al Ansaar Souk Trade Fair is re-injected into the Al Ansaar Foundation to be utilised for various operational activities and non-fund generating projects. Entry only costs R15 per person and is open to all members of the community irrespective of faith or religion.