The partnership between the Durban Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Transnet Port Terminals continues to grow as they will again host the 2016 KZN Exporter of the year awards. Now in their 16th year, the awards have grown progressively since their inception in 2000. The competition recognises companies in the export business in the province, highlighting and celebrating their successes of the past year.
Each year, the programme culminates with the KZN Exporter of the Year Awards Banquet at which the winners are announced. The awards are an ideal showcase for emerging and established exporters of a wide range of goods. The ocean economy plays a crucial role in the development of Durban with an annual GDP of 20 Billion. Kwa-Zulu Natal is the second largest economic contributor to the South African economy. A large part of the KZN economy is as a result of being host to the Durban Container Terminal, the largest in Southern Africa, and Richards Bay Terminal. These two facilities are among 16 terminals run by TPT.
The awards are also supported by other strategic partners such as the Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Economic Affairs (edtea), Trade & Investment KwaZulu Natal (TIKZN), Ethekwini Maritime Cluster (EMC), Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA) and the Export Credit Insurance Corporation (ECIC) to highlight successful exporters in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
We are pleased to announce this year’s finalists in the following categories;
- Rocket Works (Pty) Ltd, BBF Safety Group and Factocode (Pty) Ltd T/A Microfinish
- Hillcrest AIDS Centre Woza Moya, Saddler Belts & Leathercrafts (Pty) Ltd and Africa! Ignite
- Bata South Africa and SBS Water Systems (Pty) Ltd
- SAPPI Southern Africa, Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (Pty) Ltd and Inhep Eletronic Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Pakco, Toyota SA Motors (Pty) Ltd and Inhep Eletronics (Pty) Ltd
- Mediterranean Shipping Company (Pty) Ltd, Saltrans Logistics and Rohlig Grinrod
- SAPPI Southern Africa, Toyota SA Motors (Pty) Ltd and Factocode (Pty) Ltd T/A Mircofinist
- Africa! Ignite
- Indian Ocean Exports
The winners of the 2016 KZN Exporter of the Year will be announced at the Awards Gala Banquet on 20 October at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli International Convention Centre. Tickets are available for tables purchases and at individuals seats: Members: R9 000 | Per seat: R950
Non-Members: R10 000 | Per seat: R1 050
Join us as we celebrate the stalwarts of industry who are creating jobs for our people, are putting KZN on the international map and keep the wheels of this economy turning.
For more information, please contact
Sharmala Pillay, Durban Chamber Events Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 031 335 1000.