Enjoy the stunning natural beauty of the Valley of 1000 Hills, only 45 min drive west of central Durban. iSithumba is a small Zulu village situated on the banks of the uMngeni River and at the foot of the impressive granite boulder, iSithumba Mountain, locally also known as “Old Baldy” – iSithumba has a range of mountain biking trails from easy, beginner level to technical climbs and downhill rides that will get your heart racing.
This area includes a large portion of the trails used by the Dusi2C Mountain Bike Race and simply gorgeous, epic scenery and incredible single track fun. Safe Parking, excellent guides and incredible trails.
Why not make a family day out and take one of our picnic baskets to enjoy the scenery, peace and quiet before or after your experience? Don’t forget your binoculars as you will be sure to spot some incredible birdlife as well.
- Duration: 3 hours
- When: All year round
- Where: Valley of a 1000 Hills
- Weather: Recommend not going out in rainy weather
- What to Wear: Comfortable cycling wear
- Things to Bring: Sunscreen, Caps/Hats, Camera (if required)
- Guests or Spectators: Guests can enjoy sightseeing in the scenic hills
- Minimum Age: 14 years
- Fitness Level: No Fitness Requirement
- Qualifications: Not Applicable
- Certification: None Required
- Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Inclusions: Entrance Fee
- Exclusions: Food and Beverages
R125 per person