Super easy-to-make, this crunchy, munchy trail mix makes a healthy, high energy afternoon snack or a recovery snack after a long walk or run.
This recipe provides energy, protein, calcium, magnesium, Omega-3 fatty acids and fibre. SHEroes need sustained energy, so why not keep a little tub or zippy packet of this in your handbag for a smart on-the-go snack?
This delicious recipe was supplied by SPAR KZN, title sponsor of the SPAR Women’s Race 2017. Watch out, 11 June!
Every woman has a unique story to tell about their own inner beauty, strength and determination. In short, every woman is a Superhero in their own way, says Max Oliva, Managing Director of SPAR KZN. We look forward to welcoming these wonderful SHEroes to this years race where they can showcase their determination and collective energy in one of the most talked about, and certainly the most beautiful, running and walking events in town.
- 30 ml SPAR Honey
- 10 ml SPAR Sunflower or Olive oil
- 2 ml Cinnamon
- 80 g SPAR Almonds
- 50g SPAR Cashew Nuts (unsalted)
- 50g SPAR Pumpkin Seeds
- 30 g Sunflower Seeds
- 500 ml of SPAR Popcorn (already popped)
- 65g SPAR Cranberries
- 65g SPAR Dried Mango, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the honey, oil and cinnamon in a small jug.
- Place the nuts and seeds in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle with the honey mixture. Roast uncovered for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring the mix occasionally.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Place in an airtight container until needed.
Tip: You can make the mix to suit your taste! Replace the mango with your choice of dried fruit such as dates, apricots or dried apple. For a lower carb option (not carb-free) you can leave out the popcorn.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 10 12 portions