Hydrating apple iced tea
If youre need some energy before, during or after a 10km challenge, heres a great recipe for an apple iced tea that can provide hydration and energy. Dont overdo it though, 500 mls is sufficient. If youre walking the 5km, good old water will be just fine!
This delicious recipe was supplied by SPAR KZN, title sponsor of the SPAR Women’s Race 2017. Watch out, 11 June!
Every woman has a unique story to tell about their own inner beauty, strength and determination. In short, every woman is a Superhero in their own way, says Max Oliva, Managing Director of SPAR KZN. We look forward to welcoming these wonderful SHEroes to this years race where they can showcase their determination and collective energy in one of the most talked about, and certainly the most beautiful, running and walking events in town.
- 750 ml boiling water
- 3 SPAR rooibos tea bags
- 15 ml SPAR honey
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 litres SPAR apple juice
- Add ice cubes if desired
- Pour the boiling water onto the tea bags, and allow 5 minutes brewing time.
- Discard the tea bags. Stir the honey and lemon juice into the hot black tea.
- Stir in the apple juice and refrigerate until chilled thoroughly.
- Pour into a water bottle with some ice cubes if desired.
This recipe makes about 1,8 litres