Inanda Seminary School is one of the oldest schools for girls in South Africa.

It was founded in 1853 at Inanda, a settlement just over 20 miles north of Durban, by Daniel and Lucy Lindley, an American missionary couple. Historically Inanda Seminary is an Independent Christian boarding school for girls founded by American missionaries in 1869. It is an Independent School under the auspices of the United Congregational Church of Southern Africa (UCCSA) and a member of ISASA (Independent Schools of Southern Africa).

The school which forms part of the KwaZulu-Natal Tourism Route lies 25 kilometers North West of Durban on property owned by the UCCSA. It has Section 21 status and is a registered Non-Profit Organisation.

The affairs of Inanda Seminary are administered by the Board of Governors who are directors of the Section 21 Company.

Vision Motto:

Shine Where You Are (Philippians 2:15b)

Inanda Seminary seeks to equip its members for higher education by providing strong academics and Christian leadership under girded by its core values.

Mission

Inanda Seminary provides a Christian educational environment with an African ethos for its members to develop holistically in leadership, life skills, integrated technology, critical thinking, social development and sport.

Core Values

Honesty Inanda Seminary members should show integrity in all their dealings with themselves, with others and with God.

Loyalty

Inanda Seminary members should be faithful in honouring the name, the values and the uniform of the school.

Respect

Inanda Seminary members should be tolerant of diversity, well-mannered and have high regard for others and self.

Self-Discipline

Inanda Seminary members should have the strength of purpose and character to be self-controlled.

Sociability

Inanda Seminary members should develop and promote relationships with open channels of communication.

Responsibility

Inanda Seminary members should be trustworthy and reliable.

Send a Message

12 + 9 =

Contact Info

Address

M25 4310 KaWolowolo, Durban

Telephone

031 520 1011