Filled with aromatic spices, this thin stripped soya chicken curry is perfect for the whole family. With tender potatoes and punchy Durban style flavour, this curry goes well with both roti and rice.
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||25 – 30 minutes|
Ingredients in bold available at The Spice Emporium.
- 3 tbs oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star aniseed
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 7-8 fresh curry leaves
- 500g soya chicken breast/fresh chicken, sliced
- 3 tbs tomatoes, grated
- tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbs Spice Emporium Chicken Curry Masala
- salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 2 large potatoes, cut into sixes pieces each
- 1 tsp Spice Emporium Garam Masala
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped
- In a flat pot, on medium heat, add oil and allow to heat.
- Addonion, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and star aniseed and saute onions until golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic, curry leaves, grated tomato, Spice Emporium Chicken Curry Masala and soya/chicken. Mix well, cover and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in water and add potatoes into curry.
- Increase heat, cover and allow to cook (stirring occasionally) until potatoes are soft. Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Add Spice Emporium Garam Masala and cook for a further 3-5 minutes before removing from the stove.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotis or rice.
- If cooking with fresh chicken, increase spice according to preference as well as cooking times.
- If the curry dries out while the potatoes are cooking, simply add more water.