Durban Green Corridor invites paddlers of all levels to come and experience canoeing on uMngeni River, starting at Durban’s Blue Lagoon. Get the family or your friends together and spend up to 3hrs on the water, testing your team work while paddling up the river and enjoying the nature around you. You can paddle up to up the river to Conought Bridge (one way takes about 45min) and back down towards the river mouth with its great population of fascinating mangrove trees.
We will provide you with all equipment and safety gear and our experienced guides will give you a short introduction to the equipment and safety on the boat. You can be sure of a fun and safe paddling adventure in a beautiful environment.
- Duration: 3 hours
- When: All year round
- Where: Blue Lagoon
- Weather: Recommended not to go out in rainy weather
- What to Wear: Anything comfortable
- Things to Bring: Sunscreen, binoculars, towel, extra clothes in case you get wet
- Guests or Spectators: All canoe bookings are tide dependent.
- Minimum Age: 12 years
- Fitness Level: No Fitness Requirement
- Qualifications: Not Applicable
- Certification: None Required
- Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Inclusions: Paddles, canoes, safety jacket
- Exclusions: Food and Beverages